Wine is the utility that use to run your Windows applications in your Linux Distro. If you faced that some application you doesn't find in your Linux Distro, you can install Wine and run your Windows application on it. Wine runs the files having '.exe' extension. In this version 1.3.28 some new features are introduced which are listed below.
It is available for many Linux distro. Here in this image you can see that if it is available for you Linux Dostro or not.
The new features of this release:
- Automatic audio driver selection.
- Device configuration dialog in DirectInput.
- Initial version of the VBScript parser.
- Support for volume information on UDF file systems.
- The OpenGL renderer is now the default for DirectDraw
- SetDIBitsToDevice support in the DIB engine.
- Various Bug fixes.